9.17.2009

Rush - Fly By Night



Fly By Night - The Rush Remasters
1. Anthem
2. Best I Can
3. Beneath, Between & Behind
4. By-tor and the Snow Dog
I. At the Tobes of Hades
II. Across the Styx
III. Of the Battle
1. Challenge and Defiance
2. 7/4 War Furor
3. Aftermath
4. Hymn of Triumph
IV. Epilogue
5. Fly By Night
6. Making Memories
7. Rivendell
8. In The End

Released 1975 by Mercury Records / Anthem (Canada)

Songs on this album I knew previous to this project:
Fly By Night
Anthem (vaguely)

From the first note second on this album you can clearly hear the difference in drum style from John Rutsey (may he rest in peace) and Neil Peart. I could only imagine what a phenomenal jam session Anthem was for the guys. Anthem plus Best I Can got me to work in half my normal time. (uh.. no I wasn't speeding or anything) Anthem is so cool, because it sounds like the bass, drums and guitar are all trying to hit the same beat in the intro. It's kind of fitting since you can tell that these three guys really compliment each others talents perfectly. Alex's Guitar screaming back at Geddy with Neil keeping the beat, what could be better?

In this album, to me it seems like Geddy Lee has started to test the boundaries of his vocal ability. I am in awe of the way he ingeniously delivers lyrics. Quite fun and a little challenging to sing along to.

My favorite songs (for now) on this album are:
Anthem
Best I Can
In The End

0 comments:

Post a Comment